Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Response from job interview said they are postponing the position?

I went on an interview last week at a company I really wanted to work with. I received an email today saying that I was an excellent candidate and they enjoyed meeting me, but they are postponing the position.

What does this mean? The position was for an admin position and I would be replacing the woman leaving to go to another job. I met them all and she even told me I'd be replacing her so don't they need someone?

Things to Do in a Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
Maybe the person has delayed their leaving date, or decided not to leave after all? They want to save money and are seeing if they can distribute her tasks among other employees? Honestly, there's no way to know unless you call and ask - but since you're not an employee they have no reason to tell you. anything about their circumstances. But since you had a positive interview it wouldn't be unprofessional if you call up to let them know you are still interested, and ask how long a postponement are they anticipating - you'll get some information that way.

How to Do Well in a Job Interview


  • Its a recession baby, the boss decided to wait a while because they don't have enough money....or maybe a decision making is on holiday etc

    On the other hand, maybe the boss wants someone different and so they have to interview more people.

    Who knows, just keep looking for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment