Saturday, February 25, 2012

Job Interview Questions: I have a job interview as cost analyst. Need help!?

I have never taken an accounting class in my life, but I know the basics. I have a job interview tomorrow as a cost analyst. I need to study the subject now so I don't say something stupid during the interview. What subjects should I know? Where can I get help? It's a very good job and I can't mess things up. Please only serious answers... if you're not gonna help me, why bother.

How to Do Well in a Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
The company will be looking for you to have certain skills such as strong numeracy and analytical skills prepare examples that demonstrate this. Also read the job description, normally this tells you what the company are looking for ie essential skills and desirable. If the company has not provided a job description then go to a website that advertises a similar position. From there you will get an idea of what skills a Cost Analyst needs. Then prepare examples of these specific skills ie analytical skills.
Accountancy is not always a pre requisite if they have called you for interview they will be aware of your subjects through your resume.

Act confident and make sure you know your resume thoroughly as questions will be based around this, make sure you research the company and research what a cost analyst does.

Good luck!

Job Interview Tips - Winning With Ultimate Research!


  • You don't need to be an accountant to do this job.

    I was one for a major company. It's really easy.
    You were probably chosen for your knowledge in computer programs.
    This is what you will need - computer experience - enjoy your job - it really is fun.
    It has VERY little to do with accounting.
    I can't remember ever dealing with accounting.
    Except knowing what accrue meant.
    A lot to do with computers - you must have some strong computer background experience or degree
    /

No comments:

Post a Comment