Monday, February 27, 2012

Job Interview Questions: Job interview for a desk clerk at a army lodging..?

I'm 20 weeks pregnant and I'm in need of a job I finally got an interview I feel very confident. I'm really new to this though should I tell them about the pregnancy at the interview or after I get hired (assuming I will) Thanks in advance. Also how would I go about telling them?

8 Tips For Doing Well on Your Big Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
If you are in the US, employers can not discriminate against pregnant women when hiring. However, that does not mean that it doesn't happen (it happens all the time) and they just claim you weren't hired for other reasons. It is really up to you on whether to tell them or not, and on how much you need the job. Also, if they require you to do a drug test, it will show up in that.

You are not under any legal obligation to say that you are pregnant until 30 days prior to delivery (if you plan to use FML). If it were me, I would wait until after I was hired; if they then have any issues, you have a better case for a discrimination case if you needed to do that ...

As to how to tell them - if you waited, you could announce at 25 weeks. If they ask why you withheld, you can say that you have had previous miscarriages and you wanted to wait until the period when your baby could survive outside the womb in case anything happened. Or you could say nothing, you do not have to justify your decision in the US.

Knowing Some Job Interview Tips and Questions


    No comments:

    Post a Comment