Saturday, February 18, 2012

Job Interview Questions: What should I wear to this type of job interview?

I have a few interviews coming up for some mundane, dull jobs (the only jobs i can find :(

Basically, they are jobs like sorting, or stocking shelves , or pushing papers. Not working directly with customers. Low-skill, low pay crap-jobs.

I am used to wearing a suit - jacket and tie for my previous interviews, but now that i am joining the ranks of barely-minimum wage slaves, i dont know what to wear.

SHould i just give up and not work at all?

Job Interview Skills: How to Manage a Bad Interview!



Recommended Answer:
Had this same problem recently. I used to work business to business sales and now I am working retail. I felt stupid walking into Target wearing a suit. So, I went with a long sleeve button down shirt and nice black pants. I got the job and I didn't feel stupid in what I was wearing. Dockers and a long sleeve button down would work fine for a guy. you might be able to get away with a newer, pressed polo shirt, too.

Important Job Interview Tips to Land That Job!


  • Nope--keep dressing up and looking professional, and answering interview questions to the best of your ability, showing up early or on time, etc. This kind of behavior shows your seriousness about wanting a job and will eventually get you what you want--a job.

  • shirt, tie, and pants. No jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment