Monday, February 27, 2012

Job Interview Questions: What does it mean when someone says this in a job interview?

In a sandwich fast-food place.

"We're doing other interviews for the position this week so if anything comes up we'll let you know"

Does this basically mean "Go away, you're rejected?"

The Top 3 Job Interview Questions Asked To College Students -- And Exactly How To Answer Them!



Recommended Answer:
No, it doesn't mean that. Basically, they are keeping you from being too cocky from thinking you got the job, and letting you know that other people are in the running for the job.

Job Interview Issues - How To Dress To Match The Interview


  • This means that they want to interview more people before making their decision so that they can hire the best possible person. If they were really interested though they would've said "you have a lot of really good qualifications but we haven't finished interviewing yet" or something to that effect so keep on looking elsewhere but never give up hope either.

  • Nah, I've had two places tell me that already and I got hired at both. I also had two places tell me that, and I didn't get hired at them.

    I know, because I thought the same thing when they told me that, too. Maybe they don't want you to think they're desperate? It's really hit or miss, and I think it's sort of one of those things you can't read too much into.

  • We're hoping we can find someone better, or, we've talked to someone else but they might decide they don't want this job.

  • Your emplyement is not of permanent nature

No comments:

Post a Comment