Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Job Interview Questions: Is it optional to put down in a job interview your "previous job"?

I dont want to put down my previous job because it really wasnt a job. Its a pretty long story, but I just want to know if I have to include it. The previous job was nothing bad its just i dont want anything to do with it. I want it as if it never existed.

How to Prepare For a Job Interview - Preparing For a Good Job



Recommended Answer:
I would just leave it out and pretend you never worked there. They might ask why there was a gap in your employment though.

Job Interview Tips to Help You Wow Your Interviewers and Land the Job


  • That's what I do, you know how long a application would take if I put every job I had on it? Hell na.

  • I would not put it in.

  • There is no requirement to list your previous employer. However, be prepared to answer why there is a gap between the former job and now. Employers sometimes assume a gap of time between jobs is due to low motivation or, perhaps, an unwanted worker. Weigh your options. I know you want your previous job to be like it never happened, but ensure your omission does not open up difficulties getting another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment