Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Job Interview Questions: Job interview at a boots chemist. Please Help need some tips!!!?

I applied online to a customer assistant/ consultant role at a boots chemist near my area. I got a call from a private number 2 weeks later while I was out. They said they would like to invite me to interview the next week. I took the address down because I didn't receive a confirmation email or anything which is strange??? Anyway I really want this job can someone give me some advice because this is my first job interview. What do I wear and what shall I prepare for?

6 Tips For a Successful Medical Device Sales Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
They didn't leave a callback number, either?

If you got a callback number, definitely call them back to confirm the interview. If there's no callback number, just show up for the interview. If they say, You aren't on our list, say you received that phone call but had no callback number, and you would like to interview for the job anyway. (Don't wait for them to invite you to do so--very pleasantly but firmly say you are keen on the job and you would like to interview for it.)

Dress nicely. I don't know what that means where you are, but think about going out with your great-grandmother on your arm. Look nice, neat, pulled together. Look "professional," if you can, but if this job doesn't call for shiny shoes and bow ties, dress one notch below that.

A customer assistant/consultant role at a chemist...hm, I'm not exactly sure what that the specifics of that job are, but I assume it has a LOT to do with customer communications. So...anticipate questions about what makes you think you can work with customers. They want to hear you answer clearly, in strong sentences. They want to see that you are attentive. They will probably ask what skills you have that make you able to work with customers. Good answers: I am attentive, I listen well, I am interested in helping people solve problems, I am organized. They will probably want to hear what will make you a good employee. Good answers: I am prompt, I am reliable.

They may ask you to give examples of how you are ------ fill in the blank with prompt/reliable/organized/a problem solver, etc. So start thinking. What have you done in school, or with other organizations (at a church, a sports club, etc.) that shows you are any of these things?

Smile. Shake hands. Provide your contact information (perhaps have it neatly written/printed out on a slip of paper -- hand it over at the beginning or end of the interview) with a, "I'm sure you have this already, but I'm keen for the job" sort of a line.

Good luck!

Job Interview Advice - Impress the Interviewer and Get the Job


    No comments:

    Post a Comment