Sunday, March 4, 2012

Job Interview Questions: I need help with a job interview!?

Hey i got a job interview at the Spirit Halloween store in 2 days. I was wondering if anyone knew what sorts of questions they ask on the interview. What should i expect and what do i wear?

Thank you

Best Job Interview Tip - You're The STAR



Recommended Answer:
The questions on the job interview usually go something like this.

Q: Why do you want to work for Spirit Halloween?
A: I want to work for Spirit Halloween because It is a wonderful opportunity for me, and a chance for me to learn more about (type of business, ex. retail)

Q: What are your strengths and weaknesses?
They may ask for up to 3, so have some prepared, and try to turn any weaknesses around to a positive in the interview.

Q: Do you enjoy working with the general public?
A: I enjoy working with the general public and love to work with people, even though I know there are times when customers will get upset I find it best to stay calm and try and do what I can to calm angry customers down and resolve their problems in a friendly helpful matter

I think this answer is good because it will let the employer know that you know about what kind of pressure their is dealing with the more rude people and it lets them know that you can handle that and will try and resolve people's problems, even if they aren't that friendly.

Q: What is good customer service to you?
A: I believe good customer service is making the customer the center of my attention and doing every thing in my power to make sure the customer leaves happy and satisfied.

Q: Do you shy away from people?
A: No, I am lively and outgoing

They may ask about specific tasks that are required for the job, It varies from place to place and there are some jobs that require their employees to do a little of everything like working a cash register, cleaning bathrooms, mopping, stocking, etc.

Just let the interviewer know that you have what it takes to do the job and that you are confident about that, You do not want to leave any doubts in there mind that you are not capable of fulfilling the job requirements.

If asked about reliable transportation, it is usually best if you do have reliable transportation, and to let them know that.

There really isn't too much else I can think of, there may be other questions, but these are commonly asked ones, which I have learned about from my own experiences and seeing others on Y!As.

Always stay positive during the interview, appearance is important too, employers will be looking at that, dress professionally, button down shirt and a nice pair of dress pants, keep your hair comb out of your face, no radical hairstyles, keep any tattoos hidden, and take out any unusual piercings, this might not apply to you, IDK, but it is something to keep in mind, because it is important to the employers.

Just keep all your answers professional, maintain a neat appearance, and stay positive and confident and you should do well. Hopefully this answer was informative and helpful, Good Luck :)

Sneaky Interview Tips - How to Annihilate Anxiety Before Your Next Job Interview


    No comments:

    Post a Comment