Sunday, March 4, 2012

Job Interview Questions: What should I wear to my job interview?

I have a job interview tomorrow at the university I will be attending next fall. I will be a freshman and this will hopefully be my first job. I forgot to ask the lady what my job would be, so I don't know what exactly I should wear. Should I go professional? Or semi-casual? Like jeans with a nice blouse? Please help? I have it tomorrow and don't know what to wear!!!!

Job Interview Techniques to Land Your Dream Job



Recommended Answer:
GCFLearnFree.org has free tutorials on how to prepare for interviews: www.gcflearnfree.org/interviewski… It includes instructional text, informational graphics, examples, and even interactives for you to practice what you've learned/actually apply what you've learned. It discusses what you should wear to an interview and what questions you can anticipate being asked.

It's best to wear professional clothes to an interview, even if the attire you would wear during employment is much more casual. Something fitting for an office environment, so dress slacks, dress shoes, a nice blouse, tasteful jewelry, clean, neat hair and general clean and tidy appearance

If you need additional help for things like writing a resume or job searching, there are tutorials for that as well: www.gcflearnfree.org/career

Hope it helps and Good Luck!

Impress Potential Employers By Getting Job Interview Practice


  • Never wear any of the following to a job interview:
    -jeans
    -low cut tops
    -crazy hairstyles
    -see through clothes
    -mini skirts
    -skimpy outfits or super crazy outfits

    Wear a nice clean blouse with crisp trouser pants and maybe a blazer or nice jacket. Keep your hair tied back neatly and your hands and nails neat and clean (hands are the first thing noticed on people) also, make sure to smile and be pleasant.

  • don't too worry about your interview, just wear semi-casual is fine, or you can wear a suit

  • Professional!!! Always professional!

No comments:

Post a Comment