Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Job Interview Questions: I have a job interview for a nanny job tomorrow....?

I really want this job. It is not only to take care of kids but to assist their mother with things such as paying bills and running errands. Aside from talking about my experience with kids, my being CPR and First Aid Certified, and my clean record, can anyone offer me any tips to possibly help with me getting this job? It's good paying and I'm really looking forward to my interview!

Job Interviewing Skills: Making The Small Differences Count!



Recommended Answer:
Try to hit it off with the mom. She doesn't want someone she doesn't get along with around her kids and acting as her personal assistant. You sound friendly, so play that up. Professional is good in terms of being reliable, but you also need to show a warmer, more emotional side that will help you connect with the kids. You're being hired to be an assistant mother. Act maternal.

Job Interview Skills: Upgrade Your Performance!


  • Talk about your hobbies, especially ones in which you could include the children. For instance, tell them you enjoy going to the beach or park to play ball, or that you take frequent trips to the library. If your hobbies are limited to watching TV and playing video games, I'd omit that. Good luck!

  • If you have a previous positive work history I would talk about that and what your long term life goals are, show you have ambition

  • Take references with you- preferrably not from family members- that you've worked for.
    Dress professionally. You don't need a business suit, but you don't want to show up in jeans and a t shirt either. Be conservative in your dress.
    Be upfront and honest in answering questions.
    Be positive and if the kids are there greet them. Ask their names and show interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment