Saturday, March 3, 2012

Job Interview Questions: Job interview at my house?

I applied for a cleaning job at a school and the lady asked for my adress and details which I thought was normal. But then she said she'd be round next Thursday afternoon and I just said ok. Would this be a job interview? I've never heard of job interviews from home like this.

Win That Second Job Interview, Like You Did With the First Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
if you applied to the school and the lady is from school or from a cleaning company hired by the school, she could be reliable.

if so, she just wish to check out how clean you kept your home, whether you are a reliable person (re theft, etc) based on your home address, etc.

if you are not comfortable, ask to see her at her office or at a coffee shop, saying now that your family has unexpected visitors that afternoon.

Job Interview Questions - Why Do You Want the Job?


  • Congratulations on the interview.

    If the lady will be coming to your house then it's certain to say that this will be an informal visit as well as verify your credentials.

    Ensure your house it tidy, you dress presentable, revise your knowledge on which cleaning products clean which materials and have a copy of your resume, bank details and past job references to hand just in case.

    You'll be fine ;)

  • Have you checked out the company? This sounds a little bizarre. You never know. She might be 'casing your house'.

    I would never let a stranger like this into my home - not these days. You should suggest a neutral territory, like a local coffee shop. Be honest with her. Call her back and tell her that you are uncomfortable meeting people in your home, and would like to meet in a more neutral setting, such as a coffee shop like Starbucks.

    If she gets really offended, this should raise a red flag.

    Hope this helps.

  • Sounds fishy I would not trust her, tell her your never home and would prefer to meet her at starbucks or whatever other coffee place is near your home. I would never let a stranger into my home. Ask for the business address but its not worth it if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment