Thursday, August 25, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How should I dress to my on-campus job interview tomorrow?

I currently attend FIU in Miami. I am an out of state transfer from Maryland and have been offered a job interview tomorrow. I want to know how I should dress. The problem is I dont have all of my wardrobe as I would back home, so right now I have one pair of slacks and some polos, but I am not sure if this is too dressy considering its an on-campus position designated for students. Should I go with the slacks and polo, or just casual clothes like jeans and a tee?

Job Interview Motivation - Five Secrets To Getting Jazzed About The Interview



Recommended Answer:
DO NOT TRUST VICKI B.

Know the Job Interview Answers


  • You always want to dress a little better than the anticipated dress code you see people that the company wearing. So, if you see people wearing slacks or nice pants, wear a dress or suit. Do not, under any circumstances wear a t-shirt and a pair of jeans... not even if the people at the company wear that every day. Dress a little nicer than what you see (or expect to see). If you don't have what you need, buy something. If you can't afford to buy something, borrow something.

  • Make a good first impression. Other studetns coming for the interview will probably be wearing just jeans and t shirt. Differentiate yourself from the pack. Look at the videos below on how to respond to questions during interviews and appear like you are on top of your game

  • An interview is a meeting where you are expected to present your best professional self. Jeans and a tee are out. Wear your best slacks, and if you only have a polo shirt, choose the best looking and newest one and wear that.

  • go as dressed up as you can

No comments:

Post a Comment