Friday, August 26, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What should I wear to a job interview at a hardware store?

I have a job interview scheduled for a hardware store. The position I am interviewing for is just to help with sales and work a cash register. What would be best to wear to this interview?
Thank you.

Sample Answers to the 10 Leading Job Interview Questions



Recommended Answer:
pressed khakis and golf shirt with closed toe shoes that are not torn or dirty.

Job Interviews -- How to Follow Up Effectively


  • You don't want to dress too professionally as this would be out of place.

    Go to the store and take note of what the employees are alerady wearing and do something closer to that or a notch above. Normally slacks or khaki's and a polo shirt work well for this situation.

  • I'd ask them. Give them a call and see what the dress code is.

    If they don't specify one, I'd wear smart clothing. Dressing down too much can be taken as an indication of lack of interest in the role.

  • I would wear upper casual clothing.

  • really really short shorts and a collared t-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment