Sunday, August 21, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What is the place to give a job interview if you do not have an office?

Hey I am wondering if anyone could give any suggestion or knows where would be the best place to give a job interview other than in an office? Since I do not have an office, and I am required to give setup a job interview with few people. I would really appreciate for any tips, I already thought in a library, but I am not sure.

The Importance of the Job Interview in Canada



Recommended Answer:
Starbuck's.

Thank You For The Job Interview - Are You Sending a Follow Up Letter?


  • I've actually done it before myself.

    Most larger hotels or motels will have either coffee shops or bars. And the hotels don't mind that you visit there to buy something to eat or drink. Just tell the inverviewee something like, "I will meet you at 6PM at the Tropicana Bar at the Holiday Inn in Springfield. But be sure to describe what you will be wearing and exactly where you will be (usually seated in the lobby area right outside of the bar itself).

    Just about every hotel in a metropolitan area will have some sort of eating or drinking place on the first floor near the lobby. I've even been in some Comfort Inns that had pizza parlours and sandwich shops on the first floor with plenty of meeting space.

    But..the best way to go is someplace high end. Even though you are sort of borrowing space, it just seems more impressive when you can meet someone at the luxury bar at the nearby Hilton.

  • If you are screening, do the first interview via telephone.

    If you are doing the final interview, then a coffee shop where there is space and you could be relatively anonymous and interview over coffee or tea.

    I've seen contracts finalized in the coffee or donut shop.

    Come to think of it, I have participated in a job interview in a coffee shop near an office where I worked. I had applied for a job in another dept. and the interviewer traveled from his work site located across town. NO. That cheap boss did not offer to buy anything. Maybe after he finished the interviews he bought himself and his secretary something to eat. (I didn't get the job but I had another reason for applying)

  • You are better to interview them near their working place, so they will get a feeling of touch about this job, and understand more for your expected working environment. Any coffee shop will be a nice place, if you offer the position on sale marketing, marketing executive usually meets his client within coffee shop.

  • Most places where a person interviewing doesn't have an office hold the interviews in a relatively quiet area with chairs and a table, often break rooms or the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment