Sunday, August 21, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How long after a job interview should you hear from the prospective employer?

I had a job interview the Monday before last, so this coming Monday will be two weeks. The interview seemed to go well and she indicated that she was just beginning interviewing (I think I was the first one) and that she would let me know by "the end of next week". So do you think she will call me on Monday? What does it take to get a second interview????

Also, I forgot to send a thank you note, should I still send one even though it has been 2 weeks?

Job Interviews - How to Quickly and Easily Succeed at Them



Recommended Answer:
There is no way of knowing. Some companies do not inform interviewees who are unsuccessful. This is rude I agree, but 1 job I applied for they had 125 applicants. That is a lot of refusal letters.
If you haven't heard by the time they indicated you could phone to query the result. I once lost a job because the company had noted my phone number incorrectly.
Regarding thank you letters. Having had a job where I interviewed applicants I did not expect nor want thank you letters. You are doing the company a favour by applying. They should thank you.

High Paying Job Interview Tips


  • I've only ever been for two interviews... one, I was never contacted. The other, I was told the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment