Sunday, August 21, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What are some good job interview tips for shy people?

I'm 17 years old. I'm thinking about getting a job this summer, but I'm nervous about the job interviews. This will be my first job/job interview, so I'm not completely sure what to expect. I'm REALLY shy to the point where I sometimes can't even respond back to questions, but I don't want this to hold me back. Does anyone know of any examples of good things to say during a job interview? Or maybe any suggestions to help me know what kind of questions that could be asked. Thanks in advance!

Sneaky Interview Tips - How to Annihilate Anxiety Before Your Next Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
Shyness is expected, but it'll also prevent you from really shining and showing what kind of person you are. Being to assertive is equally harmful, so you need to find a fine line to walk in there.

First off don't dread the interview because you'll just feel sick throughout the event and then probably do poorly. My best advice is to do a mock interview with your parents or friends or yourself if need be. Questions they often ask is,

"Please describe yourself" (And this does not mean your personal interests... they want to know what you can bring to the job, so talk about your skills etc...)

"Whats your experience?"

Some HR people will sometimes play a scenario with you and ask for your thoughts. I remember once when I applied to Bestbuy a long long time ago lol they asked..

"If you saw an employee steal a coke that belonged to another employee, what would you do"
lol you think it's funny but it can answer a lot about the person. You need to answer things like that as if your a diplomat and you'll figure stuff out on your own in the room while being interviewed.

As for your shyness, may I suggest somethings to you as I'm actually a high school history teacher and that's to volunteer somewhere where it requires you to interact with people. I also suggest a library where you can read to children or even a retirement home. Just be around someone with more wisdom and see how much you can interact with them.

Of course being interviewed if much different but I think things like that can help to unlock yourself from that cycle. Just remember that it's normal to be shy, but just don't let that hamper your goals.

Good luck.

Types of Job Interview Questions


  • same way

    just try...

    to practice what you gonna saw in mirrors.

    know exactly the places you worked and been to.

    answer mine please: answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110618095437AAOrGra

  • just answer the questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment