Sunday, August 21, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How important is the job interview in determining whether or not I get the job? Helpful tips?

I have a job interview (via phone) on Friday and I'm really nervous since it's my first interview since graduating from college last May. I'm worried that I'll totally botch it up out of nerves or being unprepared or something, so I was wondering how important a job interview really is in determining whether or not I get the job. Also, what are some tips to a successful interview? Thanks!

Succeeding in a Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
1. u have to relax and stay calm and be prepared for common questions

2. keep you availability opens that makes you stand out more for being the candidate for the job

3. talk clearly with correct grammar

4. use gestures such as:''yes mam/sir'' ''no mam/sir'', ''thank you'', etc

hope this helps!

Job Interview Skills


  • 'How important a job interview really is in determining whether or not I get the job?' The job interview and the resume are the two most important things to determine whether you get the job or not.

    You have been called for the interview, so your resume is fine and has been already shortlisted.
    Now, the only thing which is very important for you is the interview that you are going to attend

    Your interview will be successful if you follow these rules:

    Be prepared to answer the most common questions
    Be confident enough and show a good attitude
    Research the company and the job beforehand
    Make sure that you will feel mentally and physically comfortable during the interview (for eg: Avoid distractions and junk food on the day of the interview and the day before)
    Maintain smile, good eye contact and firm handshake
    Don't be nervous
    Don't bad mouth anyone...

  • Dress properly. Look into smart casual. Then, get your documents in order. Some may require you to present proof of your previous work and it cuts your waiting time in half if you have everything you need. Lastly, just be yourself but make sure you show respect to the other person.

  • It's crucial to getting a face-to-face interview. I botched mine when she asked if I had any questions, and I said no. So have questions ready. Ask about the firm or business, (do some research). Just ask intelligent questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment