Friday, February 17, 2012

Job Interview Questions: If you fail a polygraph test for a job interview can you always retry?

I'm starting I get nervous readdibg all this. "one clinch in your butt and they can tell your lieing" an "it's been proven 60% of the time polygraphs are not reliable. I want to join the VAPD. But say I fail for some odd reason which I shouldn't because I've never done anything bad. But say I fail am I allowed to re take it? Or re apply?

It is Important For Every Job Seeker to Know About the Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
Relax. You aren't going to fail. Just be honest, if it was "proven to be wrong 60% of the time" then no one would use it for anything.

The examiner will explain the process to you, go over your background with you before the test.

When the actual test begins, you'll get questions like "Is your name John Smith?" "Have you ever been to the moon?" "Are you a resident of Virginia?" and others to get a "baseline" reading. This lets them take into account how nervous you are about the test in general, so that doesn't factor into when they get to the 'real' questions, like "Other than the things we talked about before, have you ever stolen anything from someplace you worked?"

You'll be fine if you're honest, relax and don't stress about it.

Top 10 Job Interview Disasters


  • Technically i thought it was illegal for anyone (and that includes the PD) from administering a polygraph as a requirement for a job.

  • what is a polygraph test

No comments:

Post a Comment