Thursday, February 9, 2012

Job Interview Questions: In a job interview should I say I'm available immediately or in 2 weeks if I already have a job?

It's nice to give 2 weeks notice before you quit your current job but should it also be like that if you're applying for another job that needs more employees immediately or will it also look bad to them if you're already working and you say I can start immediately instead of after 2 weeks when they ask you when can you start in an interview?

Some of the Toughest Job Interview Questions and Their Model Answers



Recommended Answer:
I say tell them 2 weeks. Just to show them that you are being respectful to your other job by giving them the notice, and I think that also says that you are ready to work immediately.

Win That Second Job Interview, Like You Did With the First Job Interview


  • Definately say you are available in 2 weeks. Your new potential employer will see this as a sign that you are considerate and responsible. I would further ad by saying "I am available in 2 weeks because I want to give time to my old employer to find a repalcement and train them". Not only will this establish a good repore with your new employer but you also will not be burning any bridges with your old employer. You never know if things do not work out or you need your old employer for a future reference.

  • in such a case diplomatic answers are preferable.

No comments:

Post a Comment