Friday, February 10, 2012

Job Interview Questions: Is it rude to throw out a resume during a job interview?

What would you do/think if a hiring manager threw your resume in the trash towards the end of your second interview?

Techniques To Avoid Job Interview Stress



Recommended Answer:
Yes,especially if you're still sitting in the interview room. It's very unprofessional of him/her to do.

Job Interviewing - Say This, Don't Say That - Part 1


  • no

  • Rude and an indication that management needs to discipline the interviewer. You might want to report that to their HR department.

  • reject him and say that he is 2 rude to be considered

  • Yes that is rude, if it was done in front of you. If your resume is in the trash, then so are your chances of getting hired.

  • At that point, you'd have nothing to lose. I would have stood up and said, 'excuse me'! This is my second interview, and now you're throwing my resume in the trash'? How dare you take up my valuable time and then insult me on top of it'! I then would have gone over to the waste basket, grabbed my resume, and just before walking out the door, I would have said, 'employment is a two-sided agreement, and as far as references go, nothing I ever say about your company will be meant to generate more business for you'

    Then, I'd walk out - now matter what the interviewer would have said at that point would have stopped me. Even a threat of suing me for possibly 'slandering' their company. How rude was this?

    Don't feel too bad though. Can you imagine how they would have treated you if they would have hired you?

    Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment