Saturday, November 26, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How long after the job interview did you receive an offer?

I know the average wait is 1-2 weeks, and that I should follow up within that time frame, re: Google.

However, I'm curious about your personal experiences. I've received two job offers myself, and both arrived the same day as the interview, within 1-3 hours. Because of this personal experience, my fragile optimism for this particular job is dropping exponentially as time passes. And also, the interview ended with the dreaded "we'll be in touch."

Thanks!!

Be Prepared For Job Interview Success



Recommended Answer:
We've done hiring and the decision we would give could be between 1 days and 3 weeks - depending on circumstances. We would have to do the usual reference checks and also discuss internally amongst other team members.

Sometimes other internal factors would come into play - projects would go on hold, people would leave, or move, and plans would have to be evaluated. 1-2 weeks is definitely the norm, but for us, it has gone longer.

Unfortunately, only they know. You can always follow up with a phone call or email.

Tips to Boost Your Job Interview Confidence


  • I try not to read too much into my job interviews. Some that I was certian I got, I didn't. Some I wrote off as soon as I left, I got call backs from. I also have been offered jobs during the interview, and once I did't get a call back until a month later, after the initial succesful applicant bombed on the job.

  • I've had same-day offers and 3 month waits. It depends on the job.

    If it's been more than a week without a word, contact them. Also, did you remember to send a follow-up thank you letter after your interview?

No comments:

Post a Comment