Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What is the best answer to this job interview question? Can you name something negative about yourself?

I don't want to go with the usual "I'm too much of a perfectionist" or "I take on too much responsibility" or "I work too hard". I feel these are cliche responses that they will see right through. I also don't want to say something bad about myself that makes them not want to give me the job.

I have an interview for a possible promotion and I know they always ask this question, no matter how pointless it seems to me.

HOW to Answer Job Interview Questions



Recommended Answer:
"I smoke too much crack and sometimes it interferes with my work"
"I frequently want to bop people on the head who ask me stupid questions"
"I have trouble sharing responsibility since I want to be sure it's done correctly"
I suggest going with the 3rd one...

Job Interviews - Get the Job you Deserve - 10 Mistakes You Should Not Make


  • The best way to answer this question is to pick a skill, software, or training relevant to the job that you dont know and explain that you haven't had to opportunity to learn A and than follow up with an action plan on how you want to acquire that.

    This shows that you are capable of recognizing your weaknesses but you have the direction and drive to get the solutions you need

  • I would tell them that it's a very hard question which would require some soul searching, but you would expect it to be trivial whatever it might be. I would add that no one is perfect but that you always aspire to that end.

    A kind answer to an otherwise stupid question

No comments:

Post a Comment