Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Job interview at Walmart, should I dress up?

I'm 19 and heading into my sophmore year of college. I decided to start working (but my parents doesn't want me too), because I want to start saving for an apartment. I have a job interview at Wal-mart monday. I was thinking about just wearing jeans and a nice top, but I'm not really sure. Any suggestions on something I should wear???

Thanks.

Four Job Interview Mistakes That Can Torpedo Your Chances of Success



Recommended Answer:
Absolutely. Regardless of what kind of job your applying for, or where it is or what they specialize in, you should always make the best first impression you can by putting effort into your appearance. This shows that you'll put just as much effort into your performance on the job, which guarantees you a spot. I would not necessarily wear a completely tailored suit, but maybe a simple day dress, with a cardigan, blazer, or jacket over top (to give it he dress an edge of sophistication and professionalism). For shoes, something simple, maybe patent leather ballet flats or cork wedges, or even stilettos. Hope this helps and good luck with the job!

Why Being Interviewed First Can Mean "Last" in a Job Interview


  • If you really want the job, dress up. It looks like you are serious and professional then. It shows that you are making an effort and it makes a much better impression. Wear black pants, black jeans probably being fine, a nice blouse and a blazer.

  • Yes dress up, first impression is key. Nice pants and a nice button up shirt should be good. If you have a nice clean pair of shoes that would help too. Good luck with the interview :)

  • nah man have you seen the people who work at wal mart?
    answers.yahoo.com/question/index;…

  • No.
    Wal mart is at the bottom of the barrel.

  • Walmart is pretty low. Mybe if you wear their clothes they will love you and except you ;D

  • nope just wear a simple pair of clean jeans and a polo. it screams college kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment