Saturday, November 26, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Will they ask about criminal convictions during my job interview?

So I have a job interview next week for my first "real" job outside of college. However, I'm worried about my DUI from when I was 18. During an interview, do they ask if you have any criminal convictions? Since I'm a nice looking, well dressed girl....will they just never assume I have a criminal past? I mean, it's not like I have tattoos or nose piercings that would scream "criminal"

What do you think?

10 Job Interview Mistakes to Avoid



Recommended Answer:
You don't really need to as you say "look like a criminal" It is usually common for a job to ask about criminal history on your application and will probably ask you again in the interview as well. I would just disclose it. Because when they do your background check and find out that you didn't disclose it, the reason you don't get the job is because you lied.

Ten Tips For a Successful Job Interview


  • They don't care what you look like.

    If they ask people about criminal convictions for that job, they will ask everybody. You will probably be okay if the job does not involve driving; most jobs are only concerned about felony convictions anyway.

    If they ask you, be honest about what happened; they may also do a background check on you.

  • Of course they are going to ask. It is better to have a full tattooed bodysuit than a criminal record when applying for any job.

  • They might. They might just run a background check without even asking you directly.

  • Idiot

No comments:

Post a Comment