Friday, November 25, 2011

Job Interview Questions: If a job interview is short, does that mean I didn't get the job?

I had a job interview for my first job with Macy's a few weeks ago. It was only about 20 minutes. Does that mean I didn't get it? (Also they said they're not hiring until October, so I don't even know why they called me in.)

Know How Important the Job Interview Questions Are



Recommended Answer:
it would be rare for a retail job that the interview be more than 30 minutes so no.

Also October is not that far away.

call them in a week.

edit when i had my interview at JCPEnney in 2003 it was 5 minutes, and i was hired

How to Succeed in a Job Interview


  • Twenty Minutes is average for a retail interview, I would not worry about it. They are pre qualifying because their hiring season is a month away. I would hand write a thank you note and follow up periodically.

    Good Luck to you

  • not necessarily. Remember Oct is right around the corner..don't get discouraged. Just keep looking and if they call, they call..if not.. move on! Good luck!

  • NO yaar not at all...my operations round wid my latest job was only for 5 mins...whereas ops round is normalyy is never less tha 10 mins

  • no it doesn't mean that at all

No comments:

Post a Comment