Thursday, November 24, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What things frustrate you? (when asked this in a job interview)?

I was asked this in a job interview and some of the question were based on a personality profile they had me do of 200 questions. I'm not sure how they got that Q or what they were looking for but most of the things that came to mind that frustrate me were not appropriate for the job. Any truth would not have gone in my favour, it was merely bullet points with no room for the interviewer to write notes.
What would you have said or not said?

Nifty Tips For Winning a Job Interview - A Must Look



Recommended Answer:
You didn't give any questions to answer for you.

My frustrating questions:
Tell me about yourself.
What can you do for this company? Don't really know since I don't know what is needed for the job yet.
How would you handle a situation as they give a scenario? Don't know that because there are too many variables.
What do dislike in a boss?
What have you done that you were not asked to do? So many things that I can't think of a great one.

All questions require alot of preparation and when they ask some off the wall questions, it is tough to think of something quickly because of being nervous in an interview anyway.

Many questions are asked to determine your personality and if you will fit well with the team. Some I believe are asked in different ways to see if you will give the same answer or if you are lying.

200 questions is going overboard and no one wants to have to answer that many questions. I would expect something like that if I was getting hired for a government position such as the FBI or CIA.

Job Interview Tips And Advice - 2 Important Skills


  • I think any guidance you can secure with interview questions is always welcome, because many people certainly dont know what to expect, or indeed what to ask. There is lots of guidance re interview questions on the site in the box below, they've got lots of info to do with job seeking too.

  • Turn a negative into a positive. They wanna know if your easy to get along with, if you have a bad temper. Tell them the thing that frustrates you the most is when people cut corners and slack because you take pride in your work well done. Take THAT bossman!

No comments:

Post a Comment