Monday, November 21, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Is a polka dot dress appropriate to wear on a job interview?

It's black, knee length with medium-sized white polka dots...not too busy. And people tell me how much they like it on me. I could put an ivory jacket over it also.

I've gained weight recently and nothing else seems to fit. But I've seen people wear strapless maxi dresses on job interviews and look crazy! I don't want to look like that.

Win That Second Job Interview, Like You Did With the First Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
I think it should be fine........just add a jacket or accessories to make it look more sophisticated

Top Interview Questions - What the Job Interviewer is Looking For


  • If you have a a plain white cardigan, that may look better. Of course it all depends on the job you're interviewing for. I just think that too much black is, well, too much. However, some jobs require you to wear all/mostly black, like Macy's.

    I do not think that a few white dots are going to impact your interview, your work performance, or the performances of the employees. If you're really concerned, bring a spare change of clothes to the interview and if they really feel threatened ask if you could change really quickly. I think that that would show that you are dedicated to the job. By the way, it sounds like a C U T E dress! :D

  • funny this

    I was going to wear mine today
    but i decided against it n the end
    mine is black with the polka dot detail just on the bust area

    the jacket idea might be a better option
    try a black one

  • I don't think its a bad choice. Make sure whatever you pair the dress with is neutral, so there isnt too much going on. Also wear appropriate shoes, keep the heel short. Theres nothing wrong with showing some taste =)

  • POLKA DOTS? NOOOOO!!!! (hehehe) jk

    With the jacket, it will look just fine.

  • theyre interviewing you, not your dress so just wear it

  • I think it would look ok. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment