Sunday, February 5, 2012

Job Interview Questions: Can the employer cancel your job interview?

I had an interview scheduled next week. Then I get an email from their lady in HR saying

"I am sorry to say that we will have to cancel your interview as
the hiring mgr has decided to go with another candidate for the role."

Is the employer allowed to cancel my interview like this? I had prepared for so long and they don't even give me a chance to present myself after all that...seems highly unethical if not illegal.

Tips to Boost Your Job Interview Confidence



Recommended Answer:
Sadly ,yes they can
You had no contract with them apart from an invite for an interview
It's happened to a friend of mine when he was actually on his way to the interview
At least they have been truthful and haven't wasted your time by giving you false hope

Job Interview Skills: What Does The Employer Want To Hear?


  • LOL Of course! Do you really think that you are ENTITLED to an interview??? What CRIME did they commit for it to be illegal? They found someone they liked for the position....end of story. It is amazing how you have no concept about the real world

  • It's not illegal. Yes, they are allowed to cancel the interview.

  • They call the shots, get use to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment