Thursday, February 2, 2012

Job Interview Questions: How should I dress for a navy civilian job interview?

I have a grey suit with a grey and light blue tie. I also have a black suit with a black and red tie. Also I currently have a goatee with connecting side burns. Should I shave it all off, or can I at least keep the goatee and shorten the sideburns?

Job Interview Mistakes To Avoid



Recommended Answer:
In the book job interviews for dummies, it says to dress one step above what the interviewer would be wearing, so will you be interviewed by a Navy officer in their duty uniform (cammies) or a dress uniform or will it be conducted by a civilian in casual clothes or in a suit and tie.

Concerning the goatee and sideburns at least for the interview I would suggest being clean shaved.

Hopes this helps, Good luck!

Don't Blow Your Job Interview


  • Grey suit. Never black. It's a job interview, not a funeral.

  • Shave off the hair and go in well groomed, no side burns or goatee, stand proud and be assertive. Keep your hair on your head, but have it trimmed to look professional. Do not wear red in to the interview, wait until you get hired. I have been involved in hiring civilians before, and every time, red turned the desk jockeys off and so did facial hair.

  • Gray suit & blue tie black socks & shoes, shave off the goatee & sideburns.

  • Certainly go with the grey suit. I would recommend removing the goatee and trimming the sideburns to make sure that they look nice and tidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment