Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Job Interview Questions: I'm pregnant and have a job interview tomorrow?

I'm currently 5 mos pregnant, carrying high and it's quite obvious that I'm pregnant. This is an excellent position that I've been waiting for the past few months for and I didn't want to pass up the opportunity. How should I address my pregnancy in my interview tomorrow?

Can I Really Get That Job? - How To Survive a Job Interview - Part 1



Recommended Answer:
I would not address it at all. By law they are not allowed to broach the topic with you, so if you don't bring it up, nothing will be confirmed. After you are hired it is safe to bring it up with your supervisor. I was 5 months pregnant when I got hired at my current job and I wore a loose shirt and did not mention it and neither did they.

Job Interview Guide: How to Answer Job Interviews and Land on Your Dream Job


  • Shouldnt be a problem, just be honest with them, u will need a break after the baby is born but u r willing to do what it takes to get the job done and even help from home if possible. If u dont get the job and u think it was cus ur pregnant I would report them. companys arent supposed to discriminate against preggers.

  • Your fine. You feel huge at 5m but your not as big as you think (it has just begun honey).
    Just go to maternity store like motherhood maternity in the mall or cheaper version is good ol Target. They have tops that hide you perfectly, made especially for working women. You can check the selections out online first.

    I got hired into a new position when I was just about 21 weeks. Neither of my interviewers knew. I brought up family leave a couple weeks later like, "oh, you couldnt tell? Your so sweet." played that one off well.

    Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment