Sunday, February 12, 2012

Job Interview Questions: Is it appropriate to send a follow up email after an in person job interview?

Should I send one? What should it say? I was thinking something along the lines of thanks again for the opportunity and if you have any more questions in regards to my qualifications I'd be happy to answer them. What do you think?

How to Ensure You Fail Your Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
Yes it is a good idea and is actually a positive thing. I read a lot today about doing them because I wasn't sure. I will do one 99% of the time unless I am not interested in the job or I know I blew the interview badly.
You can say what you said and maybe say something about the position. For ex "It sounds like both an interesting and challenging position which I feel I would be qualified for..." something like that. If they told you about the company mention something about it that you like without sounding like you are sucking up too much. :)
You can google combinations of "follow up email for interview" or some sort of wording like that and find examples and ideas.
Good luck

The Job Interview - Basic Strategies and Tactics


  • Maybe whip off an email immediately after the interview and follow it up with a snail mail note reiterating your skills, etc. I'm still in the stone age, I know, but a note on paper is probably unusual these days, and might make you stand out.

  • it would be much better if u send a follow up email. the HR tend to think that u enthusiastic about the job. when he chose the best candidate, u have a higher chance since u have leaved an impressive image on him.

  • can't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment