Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Job Interview Questions: Should I go to this job interview?

I have my resume on Careerbuilder and I received a response from a company that does marketing and they want me to come in for an interview as an Account Executive. The reason I am wonder if I should go is because I'm really looking for an job in as an Administrative assistant or Clerical work and I'm not interested in marketing and neither the Account Executive job because I don't know anything about that occupation. Should I go to see where things lead or what?

Finishing and Leaving Your Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
Most likely account executive= sales consultant. So other than for practice or in case I am wrong then probably not.

Top 7 Job Interview Tips


  • If it's a marketing firm then the position includes sales or telemarketing. What I would do is respond to the invitation by telling them you're not interested in sales but am more interested in being an Administrative Assistant. Let them know you're not interested in the position but you're still interested in the company if they have the right position. In this tactic you are expanding your network for Administrative opportunities. Also, check your resume and make sure people who read your resume understand the position you are trying obtain. This way you won't get inquiries into sales.

  • It might be calling people at home and asking them if they want to buy something they do not want.
    This kind of job will get you nowhere in life.
    If you need the money - take it, until something better comes along.
    But if you are going to be tele marketing - this will be a dead end job with no happiness...

No comments:

Post a Comment