Saturday, February 4, 2012

Job Interview Questions: How can I prepare myself for a job interview? How can I make the best 1st impression?

I have my first one this Friday. I've had 2 jobs in the past, but never had interviews! I am a bit nervous, but at the same time have experience in the field and also working in general so I guess my nerves and all could be worse, but I still am worried it will go wrong and they won't know the real me! How can I make the best first impression?

Job Interviews - Six Blunders to Avoid



Recommended Answer:
Dress modestly and formally. Formal dress is acceptable for practically all kinds of job interview, even if the duties are not formal. Find out about the company before going there. They would be impressed to know you already knew about them before visiting. Do not pretend to know what you don't know. A diplomatic 'I don't know' can sometimes leave a good impression than the right answer. Always wear a smile, and do not look down while talking or answering questions. These and other contribitors' responses will hopefully help you. Bonne chance!

Job Interview Basics


  • The best thing you can do is to prepare for the questions. Look up some of the most commonly asked interview questions and maybe find some relevant the job you are applying for. You should dress up one step more than what you would wear if you did get the job. Make sure you make eye contact, smile, and start with a handshake. Make sure that if the interviewer asks, "Do you have any questions for me?" you have a question prepared.

    Don't cluster your appearance with too much jewelry, accessories, or makeup. Also, red is associated with confidence, so maybe throw in a little red into your outfit. Do not try any new hair styles or makeup ideas for your interview, stick to what you know and what you think fits the interview.

    In my opinion, just review questions and your answers is the single most important you can do. You will feel more prepared, so you will be less nervous and feel more confident. Good luck!

  • I don't remember much but I do remember that is peoples appearances makes the first impression, greet the employer(s) with firm handshakes. One thing you can try to do is talking to yourself in the mirror to improve speech

  • Wear decent clothes,
    talk in mirror ( improve your speech)
    Shake hand, Make your self sound good. Not stupid.
    Say thank you, Hello, good bye, exc,
    I hope this helped! Good luck on your interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment