Saturday, February 4, 2012

Job Interview Questions: What is the worst job interview experience you've ever had?

I've noticed a lot of employers really aren't very good at interviewing. It's a little disheartening.

Job Interviews: Effective Question And Answer Strategies



Recommended Answer:
Yeah I realized. The employers at the supermarkets near me are terrible. Even if they have a "help wanted" sign up, it's nealy impossible to get called in.

Sample Answers to the 10 Leading Job Interview Questions


  • an interview for a commission based job, where they basically are wasting your time because none of it is hourly based pay.

    also, it's not so much that no one is hiring as it is that with patience, the right job will open up. you can try temporary services, etc. maybe you are in a dry point for about 4-17 months on reliable work. however, eventually, something will open up. even though investing in education is a major move of importance, it is important to note that with patience, something will work out for you.

  • I had one in a doctors office. The doctor talked about himself for a good 20 minutes, he would ask me a question and interrupt me before I even answered. So basically I answered no questions and he knew nothing about me lol. He was saying we'll have you work here for 4 weeks then I'll let my wife decide if she wants to keep you or not. The entire time the office manager was staring me up and down giving me the dirtiest looks. As I was leaving the office manager goes you were our first interview we have way more to do over the next few days so we'll call you back in about a week. A few hours later the phone rang and they were offering me the job lol. So much for all their other interviews. I turned down the job, not leaving a job I have now for one where I maybe let go in a month if his wife didn't like me.

  • I had one that kept staring at my chest. And I was wearing a suit and top under it that wasn't showing any cleavage. When he asked me where I thought I'd be in the company in five years I said "I wouldn't be. I'd have since retired with a hefty settlement after suing you for harassment." Then I snatched my resumé out of his hand and walked out of the interview.

    As for being the interviewer I had one applicant ask me if it'd be OK if he carried a gun on the job (for a computer networking position LOL!) because "You can never be too safe." I wasn't sure he was packing heat at the moment so I just smiled and said "That's something you can discuss with the owner if you call you back for a second interview." which of course, we didn't.

    Another person I interviewed had a resumé that said he'd worked six months ago at the company he was applying to. That he'd been there for two years. And even better - he'd been working my position while I was there LOL!!!!

    I also received a fax from an employee we were about to replace. She was such a bad secretary she didn't even recognize her own company's fax number!

    So it works both ways. There's lots of bad interviewers but there's probably even more bad applicants.

  • Well i only had one job since highschool, just got laid off a few months ago. One of my interviews since then was going great, and i was asked if i wanted to work days or nights. I said either would be fine as long as I'm not required to work sunday nights, because thats when i play hockey.
    The interviewer then said "do you know so and so"
    before I could think I replied with "The only people i know with that last name are dave and eric"
    "Oh really they're my cousins, I'll have to do a quick little background check, ha ha"
    ****, i thought to myself, there goes that job. It turns out from kindergarten all the way to high school one his cousins used to start **** with me, and it would usually end with him getting his *** kicked. Do you think i got the job? ha ha.

  • always retail,and "high end retail"

    those lovely people think they have made it in life

    pfff

    middle age and working standing up all day brown nosing customers.and terrorising their staff

No comments:

Post a Comment