Saturday, February 4, 2012

Job Interview Questions: How should I bring up in a job interview that I am moving to be in the same city as my longtime boyfriend?

I am interviewing for the second time with a company and want to mention that I am moving not only for career growth but because of my relationship with my boyfriend of almost five years. I think that a happy home life makes for a better worker and letting them know that I will be committed to the city for multiple reasons would help my chances.
What suggestions can you give me for bringing this up in a professional way?
Thanks for your help!

Job Interview Advice - Impress the Interviewer and Get the Job



Recommended Answer:
If the interviewer asks what ties you have to the city, then you can mention that your boyfriend lives in the city.

Job Interview Preparation Advice - What Do Interviewers Expect?


  • Lari Lee is correct. It is of no concern why you are moving. The company just wants to know that you are going to be focused on them and what you can do to help them.
    They do not want to know your personal life. Bringing this into the interview will hinder your chances, not help.

  • Have they not asked you why you left your previous job? I thought they ALWAYS asked that. I would insert it there, if they do. If not, for a second interview, there's bound to be some casual chatting near the end, I think I would mention it there. :o)

  • horrible idea to bring up too much of any personal information...

    why would you assume bringing this little tidbit up is a good idea?

  • it is your good thinking about your friend but job is your first aim because you will expand your career and in this way when you will work hard you can choose better method to meet and help them

No comments:

Post a Comment