Thursday, February 2, 2012

Job Interview Questions: I lied on my job application and now I have the job interview tomorrow, what should I do?

Im 15 and Im about to turn 16 in a month and 7 days and on the job application I said I was 16 so they called me today and told me I have a job interview tomorrow. What should I do? Also I don't have a work permit and I live in illinois

Getting Job Interview Help For Aviation Jobs



Recommended Answer:
So you lied to get a job and now you have an interview to get the job that you lied to get?

It would be pointless to go to the interview. While some might advise to go and 'fess up, it won't help you. You could try to keep up the lie and get the job, at which point they can't hire you because when you submit identification, it clearly shows you can not work. Or you can tell the truth hoping that they'll have a use for you in one month, 7 days. In this case, you're starting employment with them knowing that you lied to get the job. Actually, either way you show that you lied to get a job. Not a good way to get started.

Job Interviews - Ten Etiquette Tips To Help You Ace The Interview


  • Ask on the phone what you can do to prepare later. The hiring process may take longer, but they'll like your honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment