Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Job Interview Questions: Is it OK to email a follow-up to a job interview?

I interviewed for a position almost three weeks ago, and the interviewer had told me he'd contact me within one or two weeks. Obviously, I have to contact him since he didn't contact me yet, but here's the thing: He never called me, but set up the interview, etc, via email. Do I have to call when I ask about his decision, or is email enough?

What to Do When Your Job Interviewer is Distracted - And You Want This Job



Recommended Answer:
Did you send a thank you note to the interviewer after? You can contact them now, but it seems unlikely you are under serious consideration. For future reference, keep in mind that sometimes a thank you note makes all the difference in the decision making process. Some decision makers I have heard don't even consider the applicants that did not bother to follow up properly and professionally.

How to Face a Job Interview Successfully


  • Hey

    The fact he hasn't got back in touch with you when he said he would might indicate either you haven't been successful or they are still in the process of interviewing or making a decision.

    I don't see the problem with emailing him, if this is how the initial interview was set up then id just email him. Plus saves embarrassment of being told you've not got the job if that's the case if you did ring!

  • most of the time when they dont call you back that means they are still looking for someone else and your an option or you just didnt fit for the job. you shouldnt email you should call every two days it shows that you want to work, and that you need a job. it does not make you look desperate.

  • if the previous correspondence was via email I don't see any problem with emailing to ask for a follow up. email is becoming more standard for that kind of thing now

No comments:

Post a Comment