Friday, January 27, 2012

Job Interview Questions: What would an applicant with Autism or similar say in a job interview, when asked if they were a good team?

player and good communicator? Should they lie and say yes, or say no and never get offered a job?

Job Interview Tips - Winning With Ultimate Research!



Recommended Answer:
Not true. I always say I work best independently. I am very well self-directed. I can work most effectively from a home office as I find the typical office environment distracting. This covers the most difficult to request accommodations for my disability up front. If they say absolutely no to working from home, I know it is a job I won't like. And if team playing is focused on - I know it won't work either.

The No 1 Most Popular Job Interview Question - "Tell Me All About Yourself"


  • I think it would be ok to express your intent to work on it. Something along the lines of "I want to be a team player and communicate effectively" or "my goal is to hone those skills" or some such.
    Though they ask that question, most jobs put you working independent of a team most of the time anyway. Especially if you are new to the market place you can confess your inexperience BUT your willingness to put in the effort. If you are being interviewed they pretty much can already see how you communicate.

  • If you can't do the job, don't lie.

    I was rarely asked if I was a 'team player'

    you need to find a career where being a team player isn't a necessity

    there are many jobs that need people who can work independently

  • Square pegs don't fit in round holes. Find a profession where those traits are less important.

  • my son has autism and he excells in physics, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment