Monday, January 23, 2012

Job Interview Questions: What is a good response during job interview when asked to explain personal flaws?

would like to hear some that dont sound to rehearsed or lame...like " i work to hard" or
"I put my job ahead of myself"...they see right through those..

Self-Speaking Lies About Job Interviews



Recommended Answer:
Employers are mainly looking to see how you handle this question. Everyone has their flaws, but they are looking to see how you handle those flaws.

Obviously saying something like, "I'm never punctual" or "I'm a bit lazy" is probably not the best response to this question.

They key to answering this question is finding a way to take a flaw and turn it into a positive. For example, instead of saying "I can be impatient" you might say, "When I see something that needs to get done, I tend to jump right in and start working on something. If there is something I know I can handle and work that needs to be done, I want to jump in and finish the task. There are times when it is best to wait to complete a task and sometimes that can make me a bit impatient."

That is just an example, but I think the key to answering this question is turning it into a positive. Find a way to tailor it to the job you are interviewing for. If it's a sales job, something employers love to hear would be "I hate to lose" or "Sometimes I can be really competitive." Find a way to turn it into something positive and you should do fine.

Job Interviewing Tips


    1 comment: