Thursday, January 26, 2012

Job Interview Questions: I just turned 16 and have a job interview at Dairy Queen?

What should i expect to answer? I have no job experience.So list some questions they might ask and how i should answer.please don't say "Be your self" I know that.I just need something to go by on so i have a hint of what to say. Thanks
I will choose best answer!

Job Interview Skills Coaching - Free Job Interview Tips For College Graduates



Recommended Answer:
1.) Make eye contact
2.) Firm (not TOO firm) handshake
3.) Full, effective voice (don't be shy and don't yell)
4.) Be polite
5.) Have a couple questions ready to ask
6.) Be prepared to give available hours if you haven't already
7.) Try not to appear nervous
8.) Hands OUT of pockets
9.) All first job questions shouldn't be hard, just remember to stay calm and don't stumble over too many words
10.) Good Luck, rooting for you.

Illegal Job Interview Questions and How to Handle Them


  • What hours are you willing to work? Do you have objections to working on the weekends? Are you a team player? (will you help a coworker out with something even if it's not in your job description)
    No matter what they ask, try to always answer positively. They'll probably ask you if you have any questions...ASK QUESTIONS! You want to appear interested in the job, excited for it. (not too excited)
    Ask questions like: What is your dress code? What job advancement opportunities are available after I've been in my position for awhile? Am I allowed to sample the ice cream? Etc...
    They'll probably be a little concerned about you going to school and working at the same time, if you'll be able to handle it so be prepared to say something to say back in reference to that concern. Oh, and wear something nice. You don't have to get dressed up but don't wear jeans or casual clothing. Look like you went through the trouble of looking nice for the job interview. It doesn't hurt to impress them by looking nice or even dressed up. Looking like you just walked in from hanging out with your friends is not going to impress them though.
    Good luck! =)

  • Well my first interview was a when I was 14 at Taco Bell. I ended up waiting half an hour for them to even come interview me because they were having some problem counting the tills. So, I sat at a table alone while they offered me some pop every few minutes and I kept saying "No thanks, I'm fine"

    When they did come interview me, the manager shook my hand and told me right off the bat I was hired. Then she just went over the company policy, asked what days I would need off for dance and told me to come in a few days later to pick up a uniform and look at the schedule. It was pretty laid back and that is what most of my friends who work at fast food places agree on.

    I don't think you need to get dressed up, but make sure to look clean and put together. Mine was right after school so I just wore a cardigan over a Holister tee, jeans and she even commented how cute my flats were (:

    Don't stress and just make sure to be extra polite and honest. If you honestly don't know the answer to a question - admit it! They want someone who speaks up when they're not sure. Just make sure that isn't your answer to every question asked =]

    Good luck!!

  • Don't worry about it. Just go on google and type "how to prepare for a job interview" -- this helped me out a lot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment