Sunday, January 29, 2012

Job Interview Questions: Call back regarding unidentified job interview?

I received a message from a woman saying that her company found my resume on Monster and they were impressed by my qualities and would like to interview me. She didn't say what the company was or the type of position. I received the call around 7PM but didn't realize it until much later. Is tomorrow too late to call? And, would it be inappropiate to ask about the company/position? I don't want to go in for an interview not knowing what it was for! Also, does it sound sort of scam-like?

Use Good Scents for Your Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
That is VERY fishy
1 - a legitimate employer would have told you the company name and position in their voicemail, example "This is Jane Doe from Acme Company. We found your resume on Monster and would like to speak to you about a Sales Associate position based in our Anytown USA office"
2- What legitimate employer calls you at 7pm? If they were professional, they would call during normal office hours

You can call them back but do not agree to go in for an interview until they give you the company name, the company address, the position they are recruiting and a description of the exact job. DO NOT set up a time over the phone - say "Unfortunately I don't have my calendar with me at the moment. If you could give me some times that work for you, I will check my calendar and get back to you later today"

Then research the company
-check their BBB rating
-do a google search of the company name + scam
-check to make sure they have a listed phone number
- do a google search of that address to make sure that company name comes up

Job Interview Secret - A Positive Closing in the Job Interview


  • Give them a call but careful. This could be a good job lead.

    Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment