Friday, January 27, 2012

Job Interview Questions: Had a job interview-----followed up once, should I do it again?

I applied for a job, then after a week or so, I emailed asking the status of my app and was given an interview! I had the interview last week; I sent a thank you email and recieved a reply Monday saying she would let me know by the end of the week. It is now Thursday night (they are closed Sat and Sun). Should I send an email asking about my status or would this bug the employer?

Job Interview Cheat Sheet - Top 6 Questions & Mental Strategies



Recommended Answer:
I do not think it would hurt your chances at all to follow up. Some times people get very busy and overwhelmed and forget to do things like letting you know the status. You could just send them a polite email letting them know you were following up. It shows initiative on your part. Your sending them a polite email could actually remind them in the event they are needing to follow up with someone else. So yes, just send a short and polite email.

Good luck!

Tips to a Job Interview Presentation to Impress Your Hiring Manager


  • I've worked in employment services for 7 years now and I would recommend that you contact your interviewer at the beginning of the following week, Monday or Tuesday, seeking an update. Don't contact her before the deadline she gave you expires. Employers are busy and have to deal with changing priorities all the time filling the position you interviewed for may not currently be their current top priority - it happens. You may feel like you are being a bug to the employer but be persistent until you get a response. If they want you it won't hurt your chances of getting the job. If they don't want you being persistent change anything and will get you your answer and allow you to continue your job search.

  • In this particular instance, when you have already followed up, you should trust the interviewer to get back to you. Sometimes, "I'll get back to you by the end of the week", means "I don't have the guts to tell you, NO". And if you continue to lay on the pressure, you're wasting your time.

  • If it was me I would call them everyday to check the status of the application and interview thats if you didn't hear back. Its good to be persistent and aggressive when it comes to looking for a job.

  • If they want you they'll be in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment