Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Job Interview Questions: If the first job interview goes bad, is it normal to just pass you on to the next person?

You have interview with 4 people. First interview went bad...is it normal to pass you on to next person? Wouldn't it make more sense to not send you to next guy?

Job Interviews - Interrogation Or Discussion? We Know Which We Prefer



Recommended Answer:
It depends on what was conveyed and what happened. I also don't know if you are one of the interviewers or a candidate who thinks the interview went bad. If it went so-so like nothing glaring but just not great, then they may just continue just to not embarass you, since you knew you would be interviewing with 4 people, one right after another. They would just bear with it, AND they may want someone to make sure it really was bad. This would be things like traits (if the person was obnoxious - you can't politely tell people that they don't fit into the culture of the company) or a bad interview (like when the person doesn't interview well).

If it were obvious, then someone might tell you. For example, one time I was being interviewed, but they were interested in some specific skills that I didn't really have, and it was obvious. After the first interviewer was through, he left and then came back to say that they were looking for the specific skills that I didn't have and that they would be ending the interview. So I left.

I Landed a Job Interview: Should I Stop My Job Search?


  • They probably want to see what the next guy thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment