Friday, September 30, 2011

Job Interview Questions: For a job interview, what if your responses are school related?

If I go to a job interview, and for most of the questions they ask me, I use examples from the classes I took at school, is that bad? Should I instead focus my answers on things I did in my internships? The problem is that for many interview questions, my internship experience doesn't apply to it, but my experience in school lab classes or lecture classes does.

Thanks.

The Comic Tragedy of Job Interviews



Recommended Answer:
You should mix it up among all your experiences. If this is your first job, there will be a natural bias towards answers about your school experiences. But you should have an arsenal of answers ready about what you saw when you were intern, what would you change at the place you interned in etc?

Interviewers are looking for some with ideas and many interview questions and answers are geared towards finding the next leader who will implement change.

Have a look at www.theinterviewmaster.com

They have a whole chapter dedicated to school questions.

Best of luck with it - it will all be fine - just make sure that you are well prepared for the interview!

Job Interview Preparation - Three Key Steps


  • It's okay for some responses, but you should try and pull from your professional experiences as well. Think through the questions you're likely to be asked and practice so you can get a better mix.

  • Then they are school related. You have to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment