Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How do you impress an employer if you feel your job interview didn't go well?

I had a job interview today but I have a good and bad feeling about it. I feel it didn't go well because I was nervous and there 2 other people in the room and that threw me off. I thought typically it's only the employer who interviews not a second person. I have no idea who the other person was.

Some Questions Astute Interviewers May Ask During the Job Interview Process



Recommended Answer:
There's not a lot you can do after the fact. You might have made a better impression than you thought. Most people are a little nervous at employment interviews, and it doesn't affect their work performance that much.

But consider that every employment interview you do helps you, it gives you one more experience, so you won't be so nervous next time. I used to work temporary, so I've been through more employment interviews than anyone I know, and I actually look forward to them.

You have to go into an interview with confidence. You have to believe that you are just the person they need, almost that you are doing them a favor by coming to the interview. (Of course you don't act like this, but you're thinking it all the time). You smile, make eye contact when someone's talking to you, and every question they ask, you act like you're glad they asked that question.

And you have to expect the unexpected. LOTS of interviews have a 'committee', or at least someone from various departments who just 'sit in' and listen to the interview. You want to show them you're not afraid of being interviewed, that you're ready for anything they can throw at you. Many jobs, maybe -most- jobs, you will run into situations you aren't prepared for and you'll have to 'think on your feet'. If you respond well to the unexpected in the interview, it makes a really good impression.

Job Interview Skills - How to Deal With Unusual, Irrelevant Or Stupid Questions at Interviews


  • Nothing you can do but learn from the experience. Don't stress or call them. I've blown interviews too. I've actually been offered jobs where I thought I did a poor job representing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment