Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What subject can I teach a job interview panel for 10 minutes?

This is a job interview for an employability skills trainer.

I don't know whether they want me to teach them about employability, because they already know about that. Do I teach them something completely different? Or do I pretend they are out of work adults and teach them to suck eggs?

Please help.

ty

Get That Job: Mastering Job Interviews



Recommended Answer:
I'm approaching this from the side of the person you are teaching.

It really doesn't matter what subject you teach the audience at this interview. As you say, they don't need to learn stuff that they already know, but they aren't testing you on that.

They want to see how you communicate? How confident are you? Can you adapt and cope with the unexpected?

Do you have the ability to manage and hold the attention span of a room full of people with different different needs, motivations, educations, etc.

At this interview, they want to see if you have planned to occupy your allotted 10 mins.

What to Do Before, During and After a Job Interview


    No comments:

    Post a Comment