Thursday, September 29, 2011

Job Interview Questions: Horrible job interview- how long is a job interview supposed to be?

I was really nervous at my job interview I was shaking and I couldn't smile that much. I am really shy and bad at job interviews and I feel horrible because I feel like I screwed that one up. How long is a job interview supposed to be?

Top 7 Ways to Prepare For a Successful Job Interview



Recommended Answer:
Try not to feel horrible - think of it as a learning experience and move on to the next one. The length can vary depending on the job and what qualifications they are looking for. You need help to overcome your shyness. Is there a close friend or family member that you could do some practice interviews with? I used to be very shy also and overcame it just by getting out in the world and working my first job as a waitress. I remember being terrified at first! One trick that may help you in an interview is to "pretend" that you are confident, it's all an acting job. Before you know it you will start feeling that way. Another thing that helps is to know that many times the interviewers are nervous also! Conducting interview also takes skill and practice.They have all been on the other side of the desk a few times, so many are understanding about you being nervous. Please see the link below also for more tips.

Eye Opening Job Interview Techniques - Discover How A Touch of Emotions Can Lead to Better Interview


  • Depends on the type of job. Some last 10-15 minutes and other last hours. My last interview was 3 hours.

  • up to 5 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment