Monday, September 19, 2011

Job Interview Questions: How to do good on a job interview?

Hello I have a very important job interview tomorrow and it very important to me receive this job. I've been looking for a job for a long time now and finally i got an interview and definitely do not want to mess this up im looking for very specific answers and nothing childish. Hopefully someone could help me Please and Thank you =D Ps: they usually ask what would I likely bring to the job and I get very nervous on this question and on what salary do I want how do you answer to that.

Job Interview Strategies That Work - Create Your Perfect Interview Movie



Recommended Answer:
I think John offers some good advice. Allow me to be a little more specific.

*Dress professionally- slightly better than the office standards (ie- if it is a construction job, khakis and a polo, whereas an office job requires a nice-fitting suit). If you are a female, treat yourself to a manicure (clear polish or French), wear natural-looking make-up, and do your hair professionally as well. Make sure your shoes are polished if necessary and, if you are wearing pants instead of a skirt, make sure you have dress socks on. If you wear any perfume/cologne, make sure it is very light. I like to keep a pack of gum with me and chew a piece in my car that I get rid of before I exit my car.

*Remember, your interview starts upon entering the building. Be curteous and professional to the receptionist and anyone else in the office.

*Bring at least 3 copies of your resume and references (preferably on ragbond paper (I prefer a light cream)) and have them organized nicely in a professional folder (I use a black leather folder for this). If the interviewer forgets one or needs an extra, it makes you look extra prepared. Be sure that none of these copies are wrinkled or stained.

*I agree with John, be confident, but not cocky. Not knowing what job you are applying for or what your qualifications are, I cannot give you specific answers to the other questions, so I suggest a mock interview. Call a friend (or 3) and give them a list of common interview questions and ask them to "interview" you for this position and make sure they know that they can conduct the interview/ask any questions that they see fit. They only way to get confidence is to practice- if you know someone who routinely interviews employees or works in your chosen field, they will be the best to help with your practice.

*Again, as John said, don't act needy or desperate for this job. Also, don't downtalk any former employer. Be prepared to have a reason for why you have been out of work and please mention any volunteer or civic activities/ classes you have taken during this time. Good luck tomorrow!

Sample Answers to the 10 Leading Job Interview Questions


  • Behave in a confident way. Don't be weak or needy or insecure. Don't tell them you really need or want this job. If they ask what you bring, tell them what your strong points are. Answer teh question now...before you get to the interview. The best answer is a sincere one. For example, you say you erally want the job, so you can answer that you bring desire - it's true and sincere but not weak or insecure.

    Be yourself. What's most important is to connect with the interviewer. They want to know who you are.

    In terms of salary, I try to never give the first answer on that - you can say something like "My salary expectations are in line with the market for this position and my professional and educational background". If they push, you can do some research and then give them a range rather than a concrete number.

    Best of luck

No comments:

Post a Comment