Friday, September 30, 2011

Job Interview Questions: In a job interview, is it okay to ask when the decision will be made?

I have a job interview coming up. I know most interviews will ask at the end if you have any questions. I need to know when they will announce whether or not they'll hire me. Is it okay to ask or would that damage my chances at getting the job?

Will What You Wear for a Job Interview Help You Pass the 2 Minute Test?



Recommended Answer:
I would ask them. However, I would leave it toward the end of the interview. Like what you said, at the point when they ask if you have any questions. This is a normal question and I am sure that many hiring managers are asked it. After all, it is only natural to want an ideal time frame.

I would make it one of the last questions you ask. Like when you stand up to end the interview. As if they have a time frame for when you may expect a call if you were to get the job. Then, close out the interview with the traditional handshake and thank you.

Good luck in all your future job interviews.

Job Interview Preparation


  • Absolutely. Ask them! Don't ask "when will you announce that you will hire me or not". Ask them when a decision will be made or ask when will I hear back from you. Ask other questions first. Ask about daily responsbilities, etc. Go get a book or search online for questions to ask. Make sure you have more than you need because often, they will answer all your questions before you asked them.

  • If you have a good reason, just explain what it is and ask politely.

  • I think it would be a good question,because It will show your strength as an employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment