Friday, September 30, 2011

Job Interview Questions: What to wear to a job interview?

I'm a 19 year old college student home for the summer. I have a job interview this week with a law firm, but since this is my first job, I don't know what to wear. I want something youthful but still tasteful, and I don't want to dress too warmly... It's summer in Florida. It's hot. Any advice would be appreciated! Whenever I search online I find tips that I think were designed for older people. Thanks.

Tips For Job Interviews - Common Job Interview Questions and Answers



Recommended Answer:
If you are interviewing with a law firm, your best bet is a conservative suit. Law is an extremely conservative field and until you get a feel for the office you need to play it safe. Make sure your shoes are in good condition and on the low-heeled side and your jewelry also needs to be conservative. If you wear a skirt suit you need to wear hose underneath.

If you don't have a suit a nice blouse and dress pants or a pencil skirt would be an okay backup. Avoid cleavage, bare shoulders, and too much leg until you learn more about the office.

A lot of law offices are not this conservative - but many are. Until you know for sure, play it safe.

Interview Skills You Need To Succeed In a Job Interview


    No comments:

    Post a Comment